Eligibility to Apply

To begin or continue working for the Government of Alberta, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have a valid work permit issued by the Government of Canada that allows you to work for the Government of Alberta.

Our job opportunities are advertised as either "open" or "limited" competitions.

Open Competitions are available to the general public and current Alberta public service employees.

Limited Competitions are available to employees currently appointed to positions within the Alberta public service. Wage staff (i.e. casual and 2850 hour staff) are not eligible for limited competitions, but are encouraged to apply on open competitions.